Robert Orr, MD, CM
Email : email@example.com
Vermont, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Dr. Robert Orr received his M.D.,C.M. from McGill University in 1966, did residency training in family medicine, and practiced in Vermont for 18 years (named Vermont Family Doctor of the Year in 1989). Since completing a fellowship in Clinical Ethics at the University of Chicago (1989-90), he has held professorships at Loma Linda University School of Medicine (CA), University of Vermont College of Medicine, Trinity International University (IL), and the Graduate College of Union University (NY). He continues to teach in two other graduate programs. He has lectured widely, has authored, co-authored or co-edited 5 books, 16 book chapters, and over 150 articles on ethics, ethics consultation and end-of-life care. His most recent book is Medical Ethics and the Faith Factor (Eerdmans, 2009). He has been an active CMDA member for nearly 50 years and currently serves on the Board of Trustees.
Dr. Orr speaks on the following topics:
- Medical ethics and the faith factor
- Consultations in clinical ethics
- Specific topics in clinical ethics
- End-of-life care
- Limitation of treatment
- Conflict resolution
Travels from Vermont
Contact Dr. Orr by email.
Related Publications :
- The Point - October 3, 2013
- Testimony of Robert Orr, MD
- The Point - February 13, 2014
- How Do Today's Medical Ethics Compare with Christian Ethics?
- What are the arguments against legalization of Physician-Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia?
- Professional Oaths: History, Usage, Content and Changes
- Christian Doctor's Digest - August 2014
- The Point - January 2015
- Working Toward Peace: The Role of Clinical Ethics in Conflict Resolution
- Decision-Making in Clinical Ethics
- Ministry Through End-Of-Life Care
- Analysis of Oaths
- Christian Doctor's Digest - August 2015
- Opening the conversation about death
- Clinical Ethics Series: To Intubate or Not to Intubate?