Principles of Christian Excellence Ethics Statement
As Christian care-givers in the dental and medical professions, we commit ourselves to the following principles:
- We will do no harm to our patients by acts of either omission or commission.
- We are dedicated to the prevention and relief of human pain and suffering.
- We hold all human life to be sacred as created in God's image.
- We respect the confidentiality of all communications exchanged with our patients.
- We affirm the standard of honesty in all circumstances.
- We believe that our patients have the right to be carefully taught about all aspects of their disease and treatment so that they may give consent that is properly informed.
- We pursue excellence in dentistry and medicine through advancement of research and education.
Because we follow the example of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who came to earth "not to be ministered unto, but to minister and to give His life," we are dedicated to the service of all persons regardless of the state of their economic resources or the nature of their illness. In circumstances where their care is beyond our own resources, we will intervene on their behalf as advocates of adequate care.
We desire to maintain a quality of relationship with our patients which will bespeak our availability for counsel as well as care.
Approved by the CMDA House of Delegates
May 3, 1991. Chicago, Illinois.