Current Issues and Discussion
Want to get more involved with the Psychiatry Section? Join the discussion about today's current issues facing Christians in psychiatry.
- Current Issues Blog - Join the conversation with us as we discuss the latest current issues impacting Christian psychiatrists.
- Christian Psychiatry and Society for Christian Psychology Collaboration
- Mental Health and the Church - Access the keynote addresses and other presentations from "The Gathering on Mental Health and the Church," co-sponsored by Rick and Kay Warren of Saddleback Church on March 28, 2014
- Network of Medical Providers in Mental Health Care of Global Workers
There are a number of Christian psychiatrists and colleagues of other specialties with interest in mental health care support of Global Workers, often known as "Member Care." If you have interest and/or experience in this or in global health psychiatry in this context, please visit our website and consider joining our network. Our group's goal is to facilitate networking among psychiatrists for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- clinical and research based resource
- information about availability of suitable providers in various locations for potential referrals
- availability of specific medications in certain countries
- forum for discussion of specific issues in a confidential manner
- coordination of consultation and support for medical providers and psychiatrists in member care
- information and recruitment of interested colleagues including those in their early career into the fascinating work of mental health care of global workers
- facilitate conversations through a variety of means, be it blog, forum, email, webinar, conference call, etc.
- Please visit our website http://www.docsjoininghands.com or contact Mary Cairns (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Frauke Schaefer (FraukeSchaefer@cs.com) for more information.