Books at the Booth
The following is a list of books provided as references during the exhibits at APA Conferences. Many are authored by CMDA Psychiatry Section members and are available in the CMDA Bookstore.
- 50 Ways to Feel Great Today: Keys to Beating Stress, Worry and the Blues by David B. Biebel, James E. Dill, MD, and Bobbie Dill, RN
- A Christian Approach to Overcoming Disability: A Doctor’s Story by Elaine L. Eng, MD
- A Christian Legacy in Psychiatry by Alan Nelson, MD (an audio series available by emailing email@example.com)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, Guest Editors: Allan Josephson, MD; Mary Lynn Dell, MD, MTS, ThM. Consulting Editor: Melvin Lewis, MBBS, FRCPsych, DCH
- Could It Be This Simple? A Biblical Model for Healing the Mind by Timothy R. Jennings, MD
- Counseling and Psychotherapy: A Christian Perspective by Siang-Yang Tan
- Doing the Right Thing: An Approach to Moral Issues in Mental Health Treatment by John R. Peteet, MD
- Empowered by Albert C. Gaw, MD
- Handbook of Spirituality and Worldview in Clinical Practice, edited by Allan M. Josephson, MD, and John R. Peteet MD
- Healing the Wounds of Trauma: How the Church Can Help by Margaret Hill, Harriet Hill, Richard Bagge’ and Pat Miersma
- His Brain, Her Brain: How Divinely Designed Differences Can Strengthen Your Marriage by Walt Larimore, MD, and Barb Larimore.
- How to Help a Heartbroken Friend by David Biebel
- Jesus MD: A Doctor Examines the Great Physician by David Stevens, MD with Gregg Lewis
- If God Is So Good, Why Do I Hurt So Bad? by David Biebel
- More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell
- New Light on Depression: Help, Hope and Answers for the Depressed & Those Who Love Them by David B. Biebel, D.Min & Harold G. Koenig, MD
- Tender Loving Care: Stories of a West Virginia Doctor Volume 2 by Harold Almond, MD, as told to Greenbriar Almond, MD
- The Eyes of the Heart: The Biblical Path to Spirituality and Inner Empowerment by Albert C. Gaw, MD
- The God-Shaped Brain by Timothy R. Jennings, MD
- The Soul of Medicine by John Peteet, MD.
- The Transforming Power of Story: How Telling Your Story Brings Hope to Others and Healing to Yourself by Elaine Leong Eng, MD, and David B. Biebel, DMin
For more information regarding these resources, please contact us. Many thanks for those who have donated their books to the booth through the years!