June 1 - 9, 2013
Santa Ana, El Salvador
Who: THIS TRIP IS NOW CLOSED
- Primary Medicine & Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Nurses, Logistics (non-medical personnel) 1 - 2 Pastors (to take an active part in the Spiritual aspect of the team and work with the National Partners/Spiritual Counseling)
Special Travel Announcement:
Unless you are instructed by GHO or your team leader, do not book your own travel. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the ticket purchase if you want to use frequent flyer miles and/or want your number added to the ticket.
Project fee: $1,420 plus international airfare and $15 per hour for up to 7 hours CME/CDE (if applicable) Click here for more information on CME/CDE
Team Leader: Mike Agenter, DDS
To read Dr. Agenter's Biography Click here.
Pastor Mauricio Barrientos, pastor of Santa Ana Oasis Church, is our host leader, and the Oasis church team from Santa Ana will serve to coordinate the preparations for our team in El Salvador.
Scope of Work
We will be working mainly in the city of Santa Ana, the second largest city in El Salvador with approximately 275,000 inhabitants. By serving the people in this area we will be bringing much needed medical and dental care to poverty stricken people.
Doctors and students are needed: Primary care physicians (Family Practice, Pediatric, OB/GYN, Internal Medicine) dentists, optometrists, pharmacists, and physical therapists. Students in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physical therapy, and optometry are needed.
Because we can only take a limited number of people on this trip, registrations will be on a first come first serve basis. In order to be considered registered you will need to turn in the Global Health Outreach application with a $150 deposit to the CMDA office in Bristol, TN. Apply by clicking the button below.
What Can You Expect From This Mission Trip?
• To have your life changed by being taken out of your comfort zone and put into a situation where the Lord can speak to your heart and mind in a special way.
• To experience a cross-cultural doctor-patient relationship.
• To appreciate the practice of medicine and dentistry with limited resources.
• To gain opportunities to treat the whole person by speaking to the patient’s spiritual needs as you share your faith.
• To be exposed to similar needs all over the world and to develop a global heart for seeing this world won to Christ.
• To support the work of Pastor Mauricio Barrientos as we minister together to people in the name of Christ.
• To make some dear friendships with the other team members that you will remember for a lifetime.
Wondering what immunizations you’ll need for the mission trip? Please refer to the Centers for Disease Control